Rupert Bevan Ltd has been designing, making and finishing bespoke furniture, antiqued mirror
and specialist finishes for more than twenty years. We work for leading interior designers,
architects and private clients all over the world.
This position is based in our Ludlow design studio. We are now looking for a Furniture Designer with
excellent technical knowledge of furniture construction to join our design team. You will report directly to the Design Director and Production Director. We are seeking an established professional looking for their next career move.
You will have wide-ranging technical knowledge of Vectorworks or similar CAD program. Extensive knowledge of furniture manufacturing, techniques and materials is essential. Site installation
experience is desirable, as well as practical cabinet-making or bench skills. Good hand sketching ability would be desirable.
You must have excellent organisational skills and the ability to work with multiple projects.
You will have strong analytical, budget awareness and problem solving skills. You should relish
working within a dynamic environment and be flexible to accommodate daily priorities.
You must be a strong team player and it is essential that you have a positive, can-do attitude.
Main duties include:
• Supervising the design team to produce working drawings for all departments of the company
• Production of accurate working drawings using Vectorworks
• Production of design concept drawings to be used in the sales process
• Managing and co-ordinating makers and subcontractors to ensure timely production of
• Occasional working onsite: site surveying, fitting and construction.
• Knowledge and experience of Vectorworks or similar CAD program
• At least 5 years experience in furniture or woodwork manufacture
The role is based in Ludlow, Shropshire, but the successful candidate will also be expected to travel.
Hours: Monday - Friday 8.30am - 5.30pm
Salary: dependent on experience