Salary: £35,000 - £45,000
The QSHE provides Optyma with competent health and safety advice and supports managers comply with their legal duties.
The H&S Advisor is authorised to act on behalf of the Managing Director on all safety matters.
H&S and Compliance – desirable
- Experience in delivering QSHE in line with ISO9001/45001/14001
- Currently working within the Security industry, knowledge of NSi standards
- Member of the institution of Occupational of Safety and Health
- Teaching qualification and/or evidence of delivering safety training
- PTS Sentinel card holder (for rail work)
- ECS/CSCS Electrotechnical H&S scheme card holder – desirable
H&S and compliance - skills/essentials
- Minimum NEBOSH General Certificate
- Ability to communicate at all levels Knowledge of Data Protection Act and it’s application
- Able to pass physical requirements for PTS qualification
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft word and excel
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Drive safety and process culture charge at Optyma
- ISO9001,14001 & 45001 and 27001, RISQS, UVBD, FORS, Chats & Safe Contractor
- Implement a Health and Safety system (H&S) to achieve aims, meet legal requirements, ACOP and accreditation standards.
- Create, develop and implement Health and Safety policies, organisation and arrangements. Implement change if necessary.
- Safety Planning – Including goal setting, monitoring and achieving KPI’s
- Investigate/Report/act on accident investigations and near misses
- Conduct H&S site and safety inspections,
- Complete site risk assessments, write risk assessments, construction phase plans, work package plans and task briefing sheets and implement continual improvements
- Help maintain a safe workplace, plant and equipment
- Ensure Safety communication and consultation with employees.
- Deliver internal Health and Safety tool box talks and training.
- Arrange and contact for third party audits
- Act as point of contact for external bodies on QSHE issues.
- Oversee Optyma’s vehicle fleet FORS accreditation.
- Occupational Health Support.
- Manage Supply chain