Simmonds Transport are seeking to employ a HGV Technician who is enthusiastic and self-motivated
and can use his / her own initiative to service and maintain our fleet of DAF and Iveco HGV's and Trailers.
The role will also include working alongside our
Fleet Maintenance Manager to keep the fleet to DVSA Standards of Compliance.
A HGV Class 1 (C+E) Licence would advantageous for MOT and Road Testing purposes.
• In order to qualify for the role, the successful HGV Mechanic will have industry-recognised
qualifications (NVQ or City & Guilds).
• You must have detailed experience as an HGV Mechanic and be familiar with modern
• DAF experience would be an added advantage
• Duties range from the correction of running defects to full vehicle overhauls, diagnostics
and all other work necessary.
• You will also be required to undertake pre MOT checks including any repairs that are required.
• You will be working on a modern fleet of commercial vehicles to include Rigid Commercial
Vehicles, Tractor Units and HGV Trailers
• Adhering to health and safety
• Keeping up to date with product knowledge
HGV Technician benefits:
• Company Health Scheme
• Company Pension
• Opportunity to earn more through overtime and call outs
• Generous overtime payments.
• Opportunity to work in partnership with a well-established local business
• 8 hour Day Shift pattern
• Monday to Friday & Alternative Saturday Mornings
Very generous package for the right candidate.