Weston Point College is an Independent SEMH
school in Runcorn. We provide education and
outreach support for Young People with a range
of complex needs.
Weston Point College are keen to expand our
teaching and Instructor team and welcome
Colleagues who have a passion for making
a difference in the lives of vulnerable Young People.
We seek experienced educators of
English, Maths, History, Sports, Science, Food Tech, Design Technology and Construction.
The job role will entail
• Work in a therapeutic, nurturing environment
• Ensure learning is accessible, inclusive and that
all Young People can make progress
• Being competent with data analysis on progress
• Excellent knowledge and the ability to teach
your subject and Foundation level English/
Maths in addition
• Transport Young People to enrichment activities
• Support Young People on enrichment activities
• Degree or Higher Qualification in subject area
• Be engaging and fun
• Dynamic and resilient
• Be passionate and committed to
• Be patient and understanding
• Be able to motivate and inspire
• Have a genuine passion for SEND and / or SEMH
• Have an understanding of ACES and
the ELSA approach
• Have excellent communication skills
• Have a therapeutic and holistic approach
• Be diverse with your lessons and be able to
reach learners at varying levels and abilities
• Strong experience of teaching and or
The role is subject to an Enhanced DBS and
other vetting checks.
Salary range for unqualified teachers (Instructors)
is £18,000 to £26.000.
The salary for qualified
teachers is in line with the national offer is
competitive and dependent on experience.